Sunday, April 11, 1993

Bull Nakano vs Nagayo Chigusa

Venue: Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
Promotion: Zenjo

Background: It was Bull Nakano who struggled to maintain the popularity of joshi puroresu in Japan after the retirement of super heroin Chigusa Nagayo in 1989. Four years on, Bull has given up the WWWA single championship to Aja Kong and is half-retired. Today she faces a challenge from Nagayo, who comes back to the ring for celebrating Zenjo's 25th anniversary.


Part I


Part II


Nagayo on microphone:
"Thank you. Today I was frightened. But ... your Guillotine Drop from the top rope hurt me. I'm glad I received this move. I'm glad I received this move once in my life. I have one thing to tell you even though I lost. Bull-chan, it's probably too early for you to "die". It is you who should take the lead for joshi puroresu wrestlers. Otherwise I cannot live in retirement. If you keep up your work, joshi puroresu will be even more popular. I'll never let you retire. Whatever happens, I won't let you retire. Thank you."

Bull on microphone:
"Chiko-san (Nagayo's nickname), it's too early for you, too, to die. Standing in front of the red post suits you best. I want to see you on this ring."

No comments: